Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

there is so much to be thankful for, I cannot even begin to list; it's been a great year for this family and we are so blessed!  We enjoyed a great pre-Thanksgiving meal with my parents last weekend, and on Thursday morning, we continued our annual ritual of watching the Macy's parade.  I was busy preparing our contribution to the noon Thanksgiving feast, but the kids had a good time watching the floats and performances.  Then it was off to the Merrill's for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was a delicious meal and great company as well!





The weekend has continued to be one of my favorites.  It seems much slower paced than other holidays (thanks to having Friday off).  I feel like I've been able to get some things done around the house and spend some time with the kids.  We've already begun some baking in anticipation of Randy's annual deer hunting trek this next weekend.  The older kids and I even decorated a gingerbread house this afternoon.  Christmas cards are out, and some online shopping is also done.  The next week is hectic, as I will be traveling for work and Nolan turns 5 on Monday, so it's good to get a good start on things!  Tomorrow Randy and I will be doing our Christmas shopping, so I am looking forward to a day away:)  The kids will have a great time at Grandma and Grandpa Sabelka's!

No comments:

Post a Comment