Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Last Minute School Shopping

I don't know why I waited until the last possible day to do clothes shopping with the kids, but I am glad I did!  We headed up to Rochester this morning, bright-eyed and bushy tailed....except for Nolan who took a  nice nap on the way up (Thanks Dramamine;).  Once we arrived it was time to find some deals, and that we did!  Taking advantage of every coupon and sale we could, we got the needed essentials, and had a great time doing so!  I usually am not a fan of food courts, but in order to meet everyones' taste buds, it was the thing to do today!  Subway for Eryn, Sbarro Pizza for Nolan.  We all learned some things today:
1. It's almost impossible to win a stuffed animal in the games in the entryway of WalMart.  We tried...$5 later, still no stuffed animal.
2. Nolan likes to "test" out cologne samples for his Dad (he sure smelled good today!)
3. Eryn loves shopping at Justice.  I may have to get another part time job to meet this need!
4. Eryn loves to read to her brother, and did so most of the way home (Little House on the Prairie).  What a great big sister she is!
5. Derek doesn't know what to do without us!  He was so glad to see us this afternoon, and we missed our little guy while we were away!



I'm off to get the kiddos ready for bed before the big day.... I had a great time off from work, but it's back to routine for all of us in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment