Monday, November 12, 2012

A little bit of this and that

There's been a lot going on in this household over the past week.  First off, I was out of town for training for work all week and was it so GOOD to get home!  Don't get me wrong, I love my new job and I even got to spend some QT with the Carolan's in DSM, but I was glad to sleep in my own bed, and see my kids and husband! 

The weekend was busy with trudging forward on the house project.  Randy primed and painted the garage and room above on Saturday.... yea!  The downfall to this was another layer of sheetrock dust on everything, so with a group effort, we cleaned that up right away on Sunday.  We are so glad to get going again with this project.  Life just sometimes gets in the way, ya know??  Next up...painting...and picking out flooring, trim boards....okay who am I kidding this project is a ways from being complete, but small steps are getting us closer!  

upstairs windows facing back yard

family room

family room

SNOW!!!
I took advantage of my day off today to spend some time with Derek when the other kids took off for school.  We were busy playing trains, folding laundry and making some camo cupcakes for Nolan's birthday party this upcoming weekend with his friends.  Stay tuned for pics!  It also SNOWED today (yuck!)  So not ready for winter....I really think I was meant to live in a warmer climate??  I'm thinking some homemade chicken noodle soup suits this day well, with some homemade bread for supper! 

Can you believe it's less than 2 weeks until Turkey Day???  We have SO much to be thankful for this year!!  We are hosting this year so I have a lot to do to prepare....and Nolan has a birthday this month too!  I am taking on the challenge of making the boys' cake myself.  This year per Nolan's request, a hunting theme. 

Christmas shopping is well underway and I hope to get some more things crossed off the list this week.  Christmas cards are ordered (and delivered) so I can get going on those too.  I love this time of year!!

Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment