Monday, May 27, 2013

Rain Rain GO AWAY!

Silly Kids!!

Well, it's been a crazy weekend....  Not really, I guess.  It's been pretty low key thanks to lots of rain and cold temps.  As I've mentioned before I am SO READY for summer!! Bring it on!

 Saturday we went to mom and dad's to visit, had a quick lunch and then went to see The Croods in Sumner.  It was a cute movie!  Then back home to hunker down in the living room and watch a movie (an adult one for a change!).  I still had three kids hanging on me, but I finally got to watch Safe Haven,  excellent movie!!

Sunday we took a little road trip in the morning and got lunch from Klunder's and took it to Randy's parents, and visited with them for awhile.  We need to get going on our landscaping, and Randy's parents are looking at making some changes to their landscape as well.  Then it was back home to finish laundry and watch the race that night.  We made "beer in the rear" chicken in the oven since it wasn't so nice outside. It turned out pretty good!

Today I got out for a run just before it started to rain.  As you can see from the previous post we missed out on the parade, but I am sure there will be many more this summer!  I tried to make the most of the day by doing some cleaning of the freezers and fridge, making some cut out cookies for the end of the school year later this week, and making Nolan's half birthday cake (for tomorrow).

The kids and I made the shirts in the picture above a week ago or so.  I got the idea on Pinterest and thought it would be way more fun to make our own rather than buy patriotic tshirts like we do most years.  Derek loved getting his hands in the paint, hence the several handprints on his shirt!

The two older kids and I have also been working on another Pinterest project for the teachers for the last day of school.  Stay tuned for pictures on that!

Well, it's off to get more things prepped for the week.  It's a short one!  Hoping for better weather next weekend, and this rain to STOP!  Praying for no flooding, especially for my friends and family who live south of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment