Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The BEST sugar cookie recipe

This time of year we have certain traditions that are near and dear to our hearts.  I have many, but as I was spending some time in the kitchen today whipping up holiday treats, my favorite Christmas recipe brought back so many memories.  My grandma Langreck had the BEST sugar cookie recipe.  I remember baking up dozens and dozens of those yummy treats with my cousins so many years ago.  We reaped the benefits of them come Christmas Day after we were stuffed with a wonderful spread of Christmas dinner, out to the front room we would go, to grab the roasters chock full of cookies.  We would eat as many as we could, for fear that they would be gone, and sure enough it didn't take much time at all before those roasting pans were empty!  It's those memories I never want to forget. It makes me sad that my grandparents are not with us anymore, but I cherish those memories.

I can't make them near as good as she does, but I sure try.  It's a tradition that I hope to hand down to my kids.  I think what makes these cookies stand out is almond flavoring.  I love almond flavoring and put it in many baked goods.  So, if you are looking for a great recipe, here ya go!


No comments:

Post a Comment