Sunday, April 6, 2014

Spring is here!

We enjoyed some great spring weather this weekend.  It was a great time to get some things done outside.  We made and packaged brats and Grandpa Langreck ' s sausage, got seeds started for the garden, including lettuce, kohlrabi, and peas. Randy worked on boiling sap to make maple syrup and the kids enjoyed getting muddy and dirty, playing outside until dark. I love that it's light later in the day!

We raked the front yard, hoping for a little rain to green up the grass. I can see my tulips and daffodils just barely poking out of the ground. We put the basketball hoop out for the kids that Santa brought them at Christmas. Yep spring is here!

I enjoyed a quick visit with a good friend,  taking our time doing a little shopping and catching up. I also started doing an online bible study today,  another item on my bucket list for 2014. More on that to come!

Today the boy's room got some updates and we put the bunk beds together.  They are having a blast with them and I am hopeful that no one falls or gets hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment