Saturday, December 4, 2010

Things don't go as planned sometimes...

Some days just don't go as planned... hence the morning today.... or should I say it started last night. Derek has been a pretty good sleeper, so when he was up every hour and a half during the night I should have known something was up. He wanted to be held more than usual too. This morning I decided to take his temp, and it was at about 100. As he is such a little tyke yet, I got worried and called the clinic, and they said to bring him in. So, I bundled up all the kids and away we went to Decorah first thing this morning. The good news is that they didn't think it was anything serious, possibly a virus. It always makes me nervous when infants get sick!!
I gave him some Tylenol this afternoon and he is sleeping better and longer. He is also GROWING LIKE A WEED! Randy and I were just talking about how much we guessed he weighs, and I thought he'd be 8 pounds and change, and Randy thought 9. Well, he weighed in today at a whopping 9 lbs 11 oz!! Time to kiss those newborn clothes goodbye!! Here's hoping for a better night tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment