Sunday, September 2, 2012

Derek's Milestones


As fall approaches, it is hard to believe the boys will again have birthdays and we will officially have a 2 year old in the house.  We have been practicing with Derek to say "two" and it's funny, he likes to say "6" and "9", which are the next birthdays of his siblings. Last night, as we were all sunggled in my bed watching Toy Story, Nolan got Derek to count to three.  It was the cutest thing ever!  This little boy is growing up and learning so much!  He is also working on his colors, and even though he only has 'blue' down at the moment, I am sure the others will come soon.  Since the kids have started school, he lives to see the bus each morning and afternoon saying "Bob."

  His sense of personality is also shining through, and I think that I will definitely get more gray hairs from my youngest child!  For instance, Randy always plays a game with Derek when he's hugging me, saying "my mommy."  Well....yesterday morning Derek wanted me to hold him, so of course I scooped him up and he looks at Randy and says "My mommy!"  It was so funny, and just shows what type of personality this kid's gonna have.  Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment