Sunday, September 1, 2013

Summer Wind Down




 It's hard to believe this is the last official weekend of summer!  I'm not sure where the time has gone but I know that we are trying to soak up every last bit of summer that we can!  Last night we had some friends and family over to celebrate.

  All too soon it will be too cold to enjoy the Iowa evenings and I am certainly not looking forward to that.  At any rate, the kids enjoyed playing until well after dark, sweating in the humidity and heat that we've all experienced this past week in Iowa.  Campfires, a few fireworks and time with friends.  A great way to end the summer!  Despite a Hawkeye loss, you can see the kids were still sporting their Iowa attire!

I am hopeful that the beautiful weather will stick around for awhile.  We are approaching my favorite time of year!  With that comes a lot of work, both inside and outside.  We've got a pretty laid back plan for the rest of the weekend, but that garden is calling my name.  Lots of 'maters that are needing attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment