Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Short Escape

Today I crossed something off of my 2013 to do list: Run a race that's more than a 5K.  One of my closest friends and I signed up for the Turkey Trot.  It was rainy but unusually warm this morning, and for my first 8K I think it went pretty well.  Finished in 40 minutes, kept a good pace and ran the whole way!!  A good stepping stone to my 2014 goal of a half marathon.

It was also a time for mom to get away from routine and the hustle and bustle of every day life.  It can be a lot of work to get four people packed up to go just overnight, and I often feel guilty about doing so,  but it is good for a momma  to get away from her kiddos for a little while.

I left Friday evening and was back within 24 hours, but feel refreshed and ready to go again.  Funny how just a little time away puts things back into perspective.  I even managed to get a little Christmas shopping crossed off the list and prepared our little wrestler for his first practice next week. 

As the season is about to get busy it's a great time to remember all there is to be thankful for, and those little things we sometimes take for granted.  I was happy to see those little kiddos and the smiles on their faces when I picked them up.  Thankful for great parents who are willing to help out, and an awesome husband that has supper prepped when I walk in the door. 

It's the little things.....

No comments:

Post a Comment