Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Tutorial

It's that time of year, time to stock up on the pumpkin puree at the grocery store!  I did this week, and ever since I can't stop thinking about pumpkin pie!  I know we will have our fair share of it this month, but I had some kitchen helpers this afternoon to help me make our first one of the season.

I am not a seasoned pie maker by any means.  I would like to be and I think all it would take is some practice.  I usually choose to buy the pre-made frozen crusts and save myself the frustration of the crust not turning out.  Well, today I didn't feel like making a trip to the store and the recipe said no fail so I figured I'd give it a whirl.


The recipe (sorry its sideways!)

Rolling out the dough

This guy LOVES to help


A little turkey painting while the pie was baking



The finished crust.  Didn't turn out too bad huh?




About an hour later, viola, it was done.  Made the house smell wonderful, hope it tastes good too!  I just used the Libby's recipe online.  We didn't have evaporated milk on hand, but it says you can heat up 2 1/4 cups of milk and heat it down to 1 cup and use that instead, so we will have to see if it worked!

We've spent much of the day getting a jump start on this busy month ahead.  Planning for birthdays and holiday celebrations, a little bit of online Christmas shopping, and designing Christmas cards.  Call me crazy, but I like to have a lot of these things lined up so the holidays aren't quite so hectic.  Randy and Nolan are out hunting so we hope they get something big!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment