Sunday, November 16, 2014

Not What You Expect

What started out being a slow, quiet week quickly turned into a bit of chaos at the Sabelka household.  All was well until Wednesday when I got a call in the middle of the day that Randy had hurt his back. I met him at Urgent Care and thankfully it ended up being much less than I first anticipated.  When I returned to work I got a call that there had been some "hacking" of  one of our accounts. Grrr.....Work has been crazy busy this week as well, and with the anticipation of all of the holiday "to do" lists I was really looking forward to a calm week.  Things don't always turn out the way we plan them, huh?

With Randy on the mend, I followed through with a trip to Cedar Rapids on Friday to spend some girl time with a close friend.  Supper, shopping, nails and some drinks were just what this girl needed to wind down after a busy week.  Until I called in to check on the fam.  One kid down with the stomach flu (drat).  I felt bad for being away and offered to come home, but Randy insisted he could handle it.

I was signed up for an 8k race Saturday morning and with temps in the teens it was a bit chilly, but a good motivator to run faster!  I ran this race for the first time last year and really enjoyed it, so my friend and I signed up again this year.  My time last year was 40:35 and I set a goal to beat that time.  I finished in 37:58 averaging about 7:30 minute miles.  As I think about running goals for 2015 this race puts me in a good place to make some bigger goals I have been thinking about for some time now, including that half marathon!

With the threat of snow (yuck) on Saturday afternoon, I quickly returned home to my baby still not feeling well. Eryn was bowling at a birthday party and Nolan went to the UNI dome to watch South Winn play in the 1A Semi Finals game, so it was just me and the little man cuddling up together watching movies.  I have been making Christmas shopping lists, getting some projects done around the house and even started my Christmas cards today.  I love this time of year but also like to get things done so it's not so stressful and everything happening at once.  

The kids enjoyed playing in the snow today, while I am ready for spring:)  That said, Randy tried out his new smoker today so we are in for a treat for supper.  Smoked pork loin and turkey breast along with some party potatoes. We are watching the last NASCAR race of the season as well.

A great way to end the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment