Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Playing Catch Up!

Life has gotten a little bit busy these last few weeks, so here's my attempt to get things up to speed!

We were trying to enjoy every last bit of summer we could prior to school starting.  That last week we were to the park for a picnic, the movies, sleepovers and  bonfires trying to soak in every last bit of fun we could!  We had a planned trip to a waterpark, but Mother Nature had different plans.  So, we will get that in a different time, probably indoors!

 


School started on the 20th and the kids were more than ready!  It was good for all of us to get back in a routine.  The kids set their alarms and have been up and at 'em on time each day so far!  So has mom:).  I think Derek is enjoying his one on one time at the babysitter!



Randy and I took a day trip get away earlier in the month to Iowa Speedway.  It was a beautiful day and a great time!

We have been working diligently with our landscaping, and after a full weekend of blood, sweat and tears (no there weren't any tears) we are almost finished.  Thanks to great friends, we were able to get alot of the work done for little cost.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives!

My niece Cara was baptized last weekend so it was great to get together with family from near and far and catch up on all the happenings. 

My sister and brother in law and I did a Color Run 5K in New Hampton this past weekend.  It was a first for me, and it was a lot of fun!  There was no time kept either so no pressure to finish fast!


This time of year is always busy, but a good busy!  The garden continues to bustle with goodness as well.  I have cut and shred so many zuchhini!  We have also made applesauce, froze corn, and plenty of dill pickles!  The sauerkraut is probably ready to go as well!  Next up will be the tomatoes, but I am glad for a little bit of a lull in the produce!

The other reason I am lagging with the blogging lately is that I am needing to go a different direction with this blog, but not quite sure how I want to go about it.  With all that is going on I haven't had much time to think about or research how I want to do it.  Stay tuned for some changes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment