Sunday, January 26, 2014

Happy Birthday MOM!!

I'm a little early with this, but as you fellow Iowan's know, our weather has been nothing short of crazy around her lately, so we are having to plan ahead a bit.  My dear mom turns 60 on Wednesday and with fear that I wouldn't see her until after that special day with all the snow, wind and cold, we took her birthday cake over to her yesterday for an early celebration. 

Mom typically likes angel food or carrot cake, unlike Dad who is a full blown choco-holic.  So, it was nice to whip up a homemade carrot cake just for her!  I made this cake for her a couple of years ago and it was fantastic, so I knew it would be just as good the second time around.





Happy Birthday Mom!  Hope your day is as special as you are!!


No comments:

Post a Comment