Sunday, January 26, 2014

Old Man Winter-- Go away!

The weather here today has been of all sorts.  One minute it's sunny and calm, the next it's snowing, and the next the visibility is so poor we can't see to the end of the block!

I thought the kids could break their cabin fever a bit and get outside before the temps started hitting the skids.  It was good for them to get out and get some fresh air.  I have a feeling they won't be outside much in the next couple of days.  We are expecting below zero temps and that wind to keep a howlin' which means some dangerous wind chills.  The kids haven't had a full week of school this month and if my calculations are right, any more missed days means school goes into June.  Grrr..... did I mention I was ready for spring??

Nonetheless, we spent the day watching movies, making some meals ahead for the week, including meatloaf, and some chicken noodle soup to warm us up on this cold day.  I'm hoping the kids make it to school tomorrow, but it's not looking too promising.  In the mean time, I am living vicariously through my sister's facebook posts as she is in a warm, sunny place, by the beautiful ocean and palm trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment