Monday, March 17, 2014

Half Marathon Training

It's about 6 weeks until the half marathon.  For the past few weeks I've been able to get away from the treadmill and hit the pavement for my long runs. YEAH! I used to really dislike running outside but now I really enjoy the peace and tranquility of being surrounded by nature.

I've steadily been upping the mileage on my weekend long runs. I started with 6 miles a few weeks ago on vacation.  Last week I stayed at a little over six and this past weekend 9.1 miles. I plan on increasing by 1.5-2 miles per week to get me to the 13.1 mark well before race day. I've also been experimenting with some gummies and gel during runs to keep the energy levels up.

I've also been using the many run app on my phone. It's a great app to track miles, pace and calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment