Saturday, March 15, 2014

Rocky's Rocky Road

Well the first week with our little puppy has been tough.  He has come down with a virus and being newbies to owning a pet we relied on friends and took their advise to get him to a vet on Thursday.  Turns out he has had to stay, be hooked up to iv fluids and given antibiotics to fight this virus.  The kids were devastated when they came home to find no kennel.  Through lots of tears (both the kids and myself) we are optimistic that he is a tough puppy and will fight this.

I can now appreciate the love that owners have for their pets as well as the emotional bond that forms. It makes think of the old saying "don't judge someone until you've walked a day in their shoes." It applies to all life situations and I'm grateful for that reminder.

In the meantime I anxiously await the updates from our wonderful vets to let us know how he's doing. I stopped by to see him on my lunch break yesterday. It was reassuring to be able to show the kids a picture of him to let them know he's doing better. We are hoping he can maybe come he today.

No comments:

Post a Comment