Saturday, October 18, 2014

The World of Essential Oils

I've recently jumped into the world of essential oils.  WOW. What an eye opener!  I have been learning so much about the health benefits of these oils.  My interest was first sparked by searching for an alternative to meds for my son's allergies to grass, trees and pollen.  I know-- yikes!  Instead of his prescriptions (which made him sleepy) we tried some essential oils diffused in his room.  We used lavender and peppermint.  I was so surprised at the difference in his demeanor as well as the other health benefits to the rest of the family.  That meant more research on just what other oils were out there.  I took the plunge and ordered a starter kit, which includes a really cool room diffuser. Now I am using them every day for a multitude of reasons, some of which I will list below.  If you want more info visit the Young Living website.

Lemon oil- I put it in a glass of water right away every morning and drink it up.  Good for your body!
Orange oil- cancer prevention. Again I put it in a glass of water whenever I think of it.
Lavender- great way to settle the kids down at night.  A swab on their wrists helps them get to la la land:)  I also use it in the bath to soak and relax. Helps me sleep great too!  Sometimes I put some on the bedding to help promote relaxation and sleep.
Peppermint- use it for sore muscles.  Paired with some coconut oil, it's a lifesaver for me due to my never-ending back issues.  I've used it for the kids when they are stuffed up with a cold coming on.  Mix it with some lavender in the diffuser and you've got a good virus and cold protector!
Purification- works awesome at taking the itch out of bug bites and bee stings!  Also good for cuts and scrapes.
Thieves-  is a good immunity booster. I've only tried a sample but my order is in the mail.  I know this one will come in handy in the upcoming cold and flu season!

I've ordered a couple of more so I am anxious to try them out!  I'd be curious to hear what others think about essential oils and how you use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment