Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day weekend!

It's already Sunday night and I am asking myself where the weekend went to??!!  Getting geared up for another week!  16 days and counting for the kids to be out of school for the summer!

This weekend we celebrated Mother's Day with both of our mom's. On Saturday we went to my parent's house and had lunch.   Then us girls were off to get some flowers and veggie plants for the garden.  We found a "new" Mennonite place and I love it!  Great variety and good prices. We had the car overflowing with pretty flowers!





We got back home just in time to get ready to have supper with Randy's family.  We had a great time visiting with family!

Today we were up bright and early getting our flowers planted around the house.  All of the plants we landscaped last summer seem to be popping right up.  It's so nice that everything is looking so green and lush.

Randy cooked a nice breakfast for all of us then we headed to the garden and got busy planting.  In no time at all we had things in order and plants in the ground.  Just in time for the rain to begin!!!

Later in the afternoon we headed to Decorah for Derek's second swimming lesson. This one was a bit tougher for him (getting his head under water) and he needed a little bit of persuasion (AKA the Whippy Dip) to dunk his head.  We ran some errands, got more seedlings for the garden and waited in line at the Whippy Dip for ice cream.  It was sure worth it!  I think I found a new love for their cookie dough tornado!!

Hope all you mom's out there enjoyed your special day.  I know I did!  I'm so thankful I was chosen to be a mom to 3 wonderful kids.  It's the best gift ever!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment