Saturday, May 24, 2014

Playing Catch (Up)

It's been another busy week at our house....and it's the weekend again! YEAH!  And a 3 day one at that.  The weather has turned more summerlike, we are sleeping with the windows open and playing until dusk. 

The rhubarb is ready so I made some strawberry rhubarb cobbler this past weekend!  YUM!  A simple recipe with oatmeal, brown sugar, butter and of course your fruits!  I'm hoping to get my hands on some more rhubarb to put in the freezer!



Last weekend we did some projects around the house and ran kids to swimming lessons and ball practice. On Sunday Eryn and I ventured to do some shopping with my sister and niece.  We had a great time and found some good deals! 

This week we've kept busy with little league committee duties and gearing up for the little boys/girls practices that start tomorrow.  We've got one SUPER excited Nolan that is ready to play some ball!  He's been playing catch outside every night and will grab whomever he can to play with him!  With the warm weather his allergies have also spiked, but we are trying to keep ahead of it with some peppermint and lavender essential oils which have worked remarkably well!  It's a healthier alternative to some of his other medication options and it doesn't make him as sleepy either. 
 
I'm off to get this weekend started with a run.  We don't have too much planned but I am hoping to spend  most of it outside soaking up the sun and fresh air.  Hoping you also have a wonderful holiday weekend....and pay tribute to the real meaning of the weekend!  Stay tuned for posts about the online bible  study I finished up recently and my summer slimdown/tone up tips.  I'm on week 2 and feeling great!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment