Friday, December 19, 2014

Staying Healthy with Oils

It is such a challenge this time of year to keep everyone healthy.  I didn't really believe in the flu shot until a few years ago, and I am glad that we now get them.  I am hearing of a really nasty influenza going around our area.  In efforts to keep our family healthy we have developed a regimen involving essential oils that seems to be working.  Earlier this fall it kept the remaining 4 of us from getting that awful stomach virus, so since then I have definitely been a believer in this stuff!

What I have been doing with the kids is putting thieves oil on the bottoms of their feet and along their spine at night before bed. I have read that viruses originate in the spine, and putting it on the feet protects you when you are around others.  I think it takes something like 20 seconds for the oil to be absorbed by the body.  Awesome stuff huh?  I did this with the other two kids when Derek had the stomach flu, in addition to diffusing purification and thieves in the house and NO ONE else got sick!  This momma was extremely happy!

We've dealt with some minor colds in the house too thus far, and Nolan is congested this morning.  So, the recipe for him is peppermint on his chest to loosen that phlegm up along with RC on the chest AND he's sitting right next to the diffuser.  I have also put drops of thieves and peppermint in the humidifier and put it in the kids' rooms when they are coming down with something.

I use the oils every day and they are awesome!!  Hopefully they keep us healthy this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment